Can Collector be disable from using "my location" when collecting data

Jump to solution
08-31-2015 03:50 PM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

We are using an Ipad Air 2 (wifi) with our Collector and we are finding out the accuracy is sh*t...maybe 3 meter...anyways we are better off using a high res aerial image for this project and just placeing the point.

So can Collector be set so that the default way to collect a point is by placing in on the map?

and sadly no i can not take it off line as we need the high res basemap that is hosted on our server.

thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RandallClark2

Saddly the GPS using the WiFi net work at my place is crap that it cant even get us with in 10m plus it just randomly drops out...i am sure if we had a 3g/4g option we could do better. eventually i just want to get a Bad Elf and pair it up...but baby steps first.

So on that last part...can you please go over that in a little more detail?

0 Kudos
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

In case you're asking about side-loading in general, a good place to start is the "Go Offline" section of the Collector documentation:

Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

You might also want to take a look at the "Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS":

Using your own Basemap layers with Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Blog 

Otherwise, hopefully my replay above to Ron Knepper covers what you need?

RonKnepper

Thanks yeah that is usually my issue we do not have our own imagery and ESRI basemaps you cant create tile packages.  I was hoping you found some other way but both your explaination and the blog are great step by steps.

0 Kudos