Attribute domain's have disappeared from my collector map. They were working a few days ago.

3084
3
Jump to solution
03-23-2015 08:31 AM
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III

What would cause attribute domains I've set up for a handful of fields to disappear within my feature service in my collector map? These domains were working last week, and now are not honored in the collector app. In the AGOL map, I see that these domains are functional and I'm able to see the pick list drop downs I've set up. But they've somehow gone from the collector side of things.

Any thoughts on why this may have happened?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

I've had the same problem.  The domains still work through the AGOL UI, but not through Collector.

If you look into the JSON (in the admin pages of the services), you'll see that the templates are missing.  This appears to be the cause.

Why did the templates disappear?  I think mine was caused by adding a new field through the UI.

My recommendation for fixing this is to download the data and re-upload.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

I've had the same problem.  The domains still work through the AGOL UI, but not through Collector.

If you look into the JSON (in the admin pages of the services), you'll see that the templates are missing.  This appears to be the cause.

Why did the templates disappear?  I think mine was caused by adding a new field through the UI.

My recommendation for fixing this is to download the data and re-upload.

0 Kudos
SamKrueger1
New Contributor III

Hi Marcy,

Downloading/republishing the data did the trick, was hoping I wouldn't have to  ha. I think I added a field within AGOL UI as well which may have been the reason for the domains being disabled.

Thanks!

Sam

JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

This fixed my problem as well, but I did notice one small issue after downloading the gdb from arcgis online and resharing as a service.  My feature class carried the same name as the one that I originally used, and my ability to create a new feature was not available. The feature template would not show in arcgis online. I could still edit existing ones. I also changed my feature template a little and this might have caused the issue.  I would recommend renaming the gdb and feature class before resharing the service.

Jason