ArcGIS Collector won't show location or accuracy after 10.4.0 update

08-01-2016 04:38 PM
MatthewTwietmeyer
New Contributor III

I updated ArcGIS Collector to 10.4.0 and now that brings with it new configuration for using a receiver. My problem now is that Collector can't fix in on my location nor give me a accuracy in ft with my Garmin GLO device. When I go to turn on my location within the map the device can't find my location. I suspect it has to do with the location profile settings, but I can't seem to figure that out. My offline map is in WGS_1984_Web_Mercator _Auxillary_Sphere. The default system is GCS WGS 1984, is there a necessary profile for the garmin glo to function?

Anyone else having this issue?

Matthew Twietmeyer

33 Replies
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Sounds good Matthew.  I still believe that esri should state to use the integrated receiver settings on the links from above if you are suppose to set it to integrated receiver for all compatible devices.  You can set up a connection in Collector for ArcGIS for the R1, but the GPS will not work.  As long as I am getting good GPS I really don't care but you have to turn up your accuracy settings so it will accept 16.4 feet, which would not be acceptable if this is what the GPS is really returning to the device.

Thanks for the clarification and I am glad that others are experiencing the same things so this will be fixed in future releases.

0 Kudos
MichaelHeyroth
New Contributor III

Thanks mark

Glad I'm not the only one with these issues.

Hopefully it is fixed soon

0 Kudos
MichaelSteiner1
New Contributor

It consistently says 16.4 no matter what, but the message states poor accuracy/performance and emphasizes don't keep location/point.

0 Kudos
MichaelSteiner1
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing, having the same problem and Collector starts beeping and vibrating telling me the accuracy is greater than 1:25 something, the GNSS reports 28-30 cm?  Any answers?

0 Kudos
MichaelAughenbaugh
New Contributor

Choosing the Integrated Receiver is the wrong choice, you have to switch to whatever supported bluetooth receiver you are using.  If it doesn't show in the list in the settings in Collector, then it is not supported and Collector will not use the location of the external receiver.

0 Kudos
TimSandstrom1
New Contributor

So I'm having the same issue.  R1 is connected to my iOS device.  I open Collector and by natural common sense told it under the Location Provider to use the Trimble R1.  When doing that I get no GPS location when opening any web map (do not see dot on map or cannot collect a feature).

If I am reading comments above right, you are actually suppose to choose Integrated Receiver and I'll still get the accuracy of the R1?  I have an ESRI person working a ticket for me right now and claims they have no issue when setting up an R1 and Collector.

MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

Yes you have to use integrated receiver .  That is the only way I can get GPS to be active at all with the latest collector for ArcGIS.  I have no idea how esri is getting it to work otherwise with this many people having the same problem.

MichaelHeyroth
New Contributor III

I agree with Mark.

I also am using integrated receiver and getting sub meter accuracy, even though it shows 16.4.

I just spoke with Gale Shea from Sieler and she is also looking into this scenario.  

I will share if she has a work around.

HAve a great day

JayRiester1
New Contributor III

Mike,  I work with Gale and we are looking into this and will document this on our Mapping support blog.  

Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Jay

MichaelHeyroth
New Contributor III

Thanks jay!!!!

Looking forward to it

0 Kudos