ArcGIS Collector: Why the collector is not able to access a web map?
Despite the fact that a web map is created successfully, the collector fails to access it
What could be the issue here?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I added your layer to a new map and saved it, and I see that map in Collector.
Did you make your layer editable after you had made the map? If so, try resaving the map. There is some metadata stored with the map that doesn't get written if the map isn't editable, and that would explain a few of the things you are seeing here.
Based on your screenshot, the map is not offline capable. There is likely a layer within the web map that does not meet the offline capable criteria.
I would start with this reference: Prepare maps for offline use—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS
If everything in the map is configured correctly for offline use, you will see this option appear in the Settings tab of the Item Details page:
Also, from this page: Problem: Collector for ArcGIS does not display web maps created in Portal for ArcGIS
"To view or edit a web map in Collector for ArcGIS, the map owner must add and save at least one editable feature service to the map."
Make sure the map meets this criteria as well.
Two common reasons for a map to not appear in Collector, and which it is hard to see from your screenshots:
1. Is there an editable layer in your web map? Collector works with editable layers, so if nothing is editable in the map, the map won't show up in the app.
2. Is the group owned by you, or shared with a group of which you are a member? I can see it is shared publicly, but Collector works with web maps that you've authored or that are shared to a group of which you are member.
You can see this troubleshooting for more details: Test your map > Troubleshooting > Map isn't available in Collector—Collector for ArcGIS | Documentat...
Manty thanks guys for the help.
I’m not able to identify when the “web map” is not viewer in the collector.
- I found out that the “use in collector for ArcGIS” option is not available for that particular web map. What could be the issue here?
- There is at least one editable layer
- The user, layer and web map all belong to the same group (g1)
What other settings do I need to consider in order to have the web map displayed in collector?
Are you able to share a link to the web map?
Right. It is shown in the screenshot below
As I mentioned in a previous post where we communicated, is there a reason why you can't just copy and paste the link in your response so that I can just click on it? It's much easier than sharing through a screenshot...
Thanks for that, much easier! I just realized from your screenshot...it looks like sync isn't enabled on the layer? Both editing and sync need to be turned on.
Can you change that and check again, see if that fixes your issue?