Self Hosted (non-agol) service
My downloads are taking forever, or timing out. Granted I'm attempting to download a 400KM linear project-- but just the vector data. All of my rater data is already on my device. If I pick a smaller area, everything downloads, but that's slow as well. I notice that the percentage automatically jumps to around 20% then it just sits there.
I'm pretty device savvy, so if there is a way to sideload this data, like the tpk workflow option, that would be AWESOME.
I've kicked this off and let it sit, I'll check back in after thanksgiving I guess ;) I just don't trust wifi, or iis, or arcgis server to keep the connection alive. It would be nice to download and provision a replica to collector via a gp tool in ArcMap. Especially on for large projects.
Not sure what is causing the delay but let me explain the process so you can find where the time is being spent...
When you tap the Download button, Collector will request that a replica be created against your feature service. This is accomplished using the SyncTools GP Service that is running on your ArcGIS Server instance. A job is submitted and Collector periodically checks back on the status of the job until it is complete, the replica is finished and it can then grab it and download it to your device.
Within the Server Manager you can watch this take place. You will see the instance get created and can see how many instances are being used and are allocated for the service. You can find documentation on tuning services here.
If you have difficulty isolating the time spent, turn debugging on to see in fine grained detail what happens during the lifespan of the job. You can find details about server logging here if you haven't done it before.
Make sure to let us know how it goes and I hope this helps you diagnose things.
Thanks Jeff Shaner
I set to debug level on my server log and I watched everything. I isolated my log view to REST and also the Map Service source. Everything looks fine on the server logs. I also checked to see if the .geodatabase file that was created by the sync request (residing in the service output folder ) was complete. And it was complete. It's just not transfering the .geodatabase file over to the mobile client. Something gets hung up and then it times out. The service is working just fine for smaller aois. I have a feeling this is web server related, but I have no idea where it's coming from.