Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Collector App

11-02-2015 11:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to get my data setup for the Collector app. I have a feature service setup and I can see the map on the collector app. I am not sure why I have to be connected to the network in order to view the data. Then once inside the map is on the collector app I can add data but I do not get a sync option, but I can see the changes on the map from the service I created online. If someone could please help with this issue that would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
KateD
by
New Contributor III

When you added the service, did you check the sync box in the feature access tab. If not you will have to change the layer settings. Also, you have to enable syncing in the web map when you created it.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I checked the sync box when I was publishing the service, and the service shows that the sync box was checked.

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

One other thing to check, In the web map, you need to go to the Item Details and make sure that "Offline Mode" is Enabled.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It will not allow me to check the box to make the map capable of going into "Offline Mode".

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can check offline data requirement at Take maps offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I will take a look at the document

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

I believe offline mode is supposed to be enabled by default. Make sure Sync is enabled on your feature layer and Offline Mode is enabled on your web map. When you are using Collector while connected to the network whether it is your Wi-Fi or Cellular it automatically syncs the data you collect when you hit Submit. In order to use the web map offline you have to tap the icon with the cloud and down-pointing arrow, set the basemap detail and extent, and you are good to go. When you go back to your map list that cloud with the down-pointing arrow will now have arrows pointing up and down, allowing you to sync the data you collected offline. Use the link mentioned above in conjunction with this one and you should be good to go.

Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos