Arc schematics on tablets (ipad)

04-17-2014 09:20 AM
AngeloMata
New Contributor
Good day every one i have a far out question. i dont know if this is possible or i am just dreaming.
but here is what i have in mind. i want to be able to view, generate and make changes to my schemas using my ipad in this case. i have looked everywhere online to find out if this is possible. i know Arc Gis for viewer you can atleast look at your data geographically and this is the same case as for my ipad. now what about generating a schema if this is posible please point me in the right direction. also could i edit on my ipad close valves or swithes and trace the network so i could generate the schemas using my ipad.

thank you for taking your time to read thru my post

Arc map 10

GIS newbie user
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
You cannot generate a feature service on the fly in the Collector app. You would need to create a feature service first in ArcGIS Server or Hosted Feature services and then have it in a web map for the Collector to use.

Russ
0 Kudos
AngeloMata
New Contributor
You cannot generate a feature service on the fly in the Collector app. You would need to create a feature service first in ArcGIS Server or Hosted Feature services and then have it in a web map for the Collector to use.

Russ

Thank you Russ
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
You can create a web application that can access your schematic diagrams and in that web application you can create, edit etc...  That web app can run on your tablet.

An example javascript app is available on the resource center at:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ced927d4aa444e0a92523be3003e36ad
0 Kudos