Apple devices and .tpk files

Jump to solution
06-12-2018 12:09 PM
StahlyEngineering
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm starting to use iOS devices for field collection because our clients often prefer those to android.

One immediate issue I'm struggling with is how to transfer map tile packages onto the device to load custom basemaps.

On my Android tablet that's a simple task, but apple thinks I can't be trusted to see the folder structure of my device.

What is the preferred method for dropping files into the collector folder?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi -- Please check out our doc about using basemaps that are on your device: Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

That includes how and where to put them. Let me know if you still have questions.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi -- Please check out our doc about using basemaps that are on your device: Go offline—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

That includes how and where to put them. Let me know if you still have questions.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
JamesCasey2
New Contributor

Is there any way to include an imagery layer in the map that is downloaded to Collector? There is a crew in the field, but I'm not there. I want to prepare a map for them to download which includes imagery. Any way besides physically side-loading a basemap? The imagery is a hosted feature service on AGOL and in the map but does not show up.

0 Kudos