Anyone else experiencing glitches in Collector for iOS?

10-04-2016 08:41 AM
AudreaMartens
New Contributor

I have "reloaded" a map several times and it still gives me the older version.  The icon updated to the new basemap, which is strange, but the last updated date is old and when you open the map, it doesn't have the updated basemap or content.  When I open the same map on an Android device, it works perfectly.

Also, last week while entering data in the field, over 1/2 of the features in a certain layer completely disappeared from the map. Only the last several that had been updated remained.  We refreshed the layer. Turned it off. Turned it on. Exited and reloaded the map.  Then Collector iOS would not open the map.  The icon came down to the center of the screen and then disappeared.  I was able to access the map with both my Android device and in ArcGIS Online, and it worked perfectly in both platforms.  Later in the day we tried it again on the Ipad and it worked just fine.

I'm just wondering if Collector for iOS is really glitch, or if I'm doing something wrong, or just unlucky.  We are looking to expand tablet use in the field and I need something I can depend on working correctly. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricErtl
New Contributor III

Hello, Audrea Martens

I have noticed this issue as well.  If you update your Web Map and want it to be reflected in Collector immediately after, I found that the best way to do this is to Sign Out of Collector and then sign back in.  It is by no means an efficient workflow but at least you can see the updated map.

Hope that helps!

Also, I forgot to mention that I just had the issue happen to me where half of the data disappeared on Collector.  I am going to open a case with ESRI to try to get an answer from them.

0 Kudos
EricErtl
New Contributor III

I spoke with ESRI support and what they found with a little research (not official ESRI documentation) with the missing features issue is that there is a "max record count" variable that defaults to a certain number when uploading data to AGOL. If you have not yet published the service you can set this parameter (when publishing from ArcMap) in the "Parameters" tab on the services editor and set the Maximum number of records returned by the server.   If the service is already published to AGOL there is a way to increase the max record count by following the steps in this support document: http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000012383.  

0 Kudos