AGOL Export/Download option returns all fields, even those unchecked

Jump to solution
02-04-2015 07:42 AM
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Through the 'Configure Pop-Up', then 'Configure Fields' option I have unchecked some fields in my field collection form which carry through to the App perfectly.  However, when downloaded to FGDB, CSV or shapefile, all of the fields are again visible.  I appreciate this may be an ArcGIS Online overall issue, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks, Francis.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Francis,

Configuring field visibility through pop ups determines what fields and data can be visible in the specific web map, but does not alter the availability of the data in the feature service (data source). As multiple web maps can use the same feature service and display different fields and data within the dataset (using filtering and symbology), the data export can't take into account multiple settings in webmaps.

As the export functionality is associated with the complete data source (Feature Service), all of the data will be exported, regardless of filed visibility settings in webmaps.

Please let me know if you have more questions,

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Francis,

Configuring field visibility through pop ups determines what fields and data can be visible in the specific web map, but does not alter the availability of the data in the feature service (data source). As multiple web maps can use the same feature service and display different fields and data within the dataset (using filtering and symbology), the data export can't take into account multiple settings in webmaps.

As the export functionality is associated with the complete data source (Feature Service), all of the data will be exported, regardless of filed visibility settings in webmaps.

Please let me know if you have more questions,

Kelly

0 Kudos
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kelly, I did suspect this to be the case but thanks for confirmation.

0 Kudos