Why my CityEngine scene can't display shape and model, or draw shape?

03-15-2014 01:23 PM
alonezhbyalonezhby
New Contributor
Hi,
I have a scene When I was working on it,  suddenly it was freezed, after few seconds the 3D viewport display a broken scene as the image shows. I just lost my work, both the model and shape....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32219[/ATTACH]

And I upload a video to show the error:
http://www.cubetime.net/tmp/cityengine_displayissue.mp4

Right now, even I use the CityEngine shape tool to draw a new shape In this scene, I can't get it or see it.

How to fix the scene, or solve this error?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor
I've got no solution here for you sorry, but I want to say I've had the same problem.  I'm trying to replicate it.    It looks similar to an issue that happens when your model is far away from the origin. 

When this issue has happened to me, a close and restart fixes it, so perhaps it's a memory bug?   

I don't think there is a fix for this in the new SR release but perhaps, it's worth installing that to see if it fixes this issue?
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Here somehow, a 'wobble' issue came up.

Can you reproduce how you get into this state from a new scene ?

Let me know
0 Kudos
alonezhbyalonezhby
New Contributor
@garsdaledesign,

Thanks for the reply.

I think it's a memory bug too. Badly, when this issue has happened I saved the scene, so even I restart CityEngine the error is still there. Fortunately, I do a backup of the file, I didn't lost all my works...

@matthiasbuehler

I can't reproduce the issue again from a new scene. But I remember it happened when I drag a rule to a shape. By the way, the file will save the error into it? Cause I saved the file, when I reopen it the issue is still exist.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Not sure, but the scene file may be corrupted or it may be an other thing.

Can you just recreate the scene without too much time effort?

m.
0 Kudos