Select to view content in your preferred language

Using Premodeled buildings instead of the procedural generated ones

12-03-2023 02:48 PM
Labels (1)
mohamadhani
Emerging Contributor

So i have about 30 Buildings that i 3d modeled, they are seperated as Huge,Big,Medium and small, so all the huge onces have the same Rectanglar base width and lengh , so are the other ones, my question is how can i use my 3d models instead of genereating buildings proceduraly and how can i use those buildings base width and lengh to make city engine knows where to put the huge,big,medium and small 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @mohamadhani 

Thank you for your question. Procedural modeling with CityEngine allows you to use premodeled 3D buildings. To find the best fit for any given Parcel geometry, use assetBestSize function—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation or one of the related asset utility functions.

0 Kudos
mohamadhani
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for responce @ThomasFuchs , But as you can see we would need some randomization can you tell me how can we do that ? 

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

For randomly picking a fitting asset, please use the assetApproxSize function with the parameter n>1
assetApproxSize function—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation 

0 Kudos
mohamadhani
Emerging Contributor

@ThomasFuchs  is there any way what i can contact you ?

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear @mohamadhani , 

Thanks for utilizing the CityEngine community forum for support. The forum is indeed a valuable resource for sharing knowledge and experiences with other users and the product team. 

However, I would like to recommend that you also consider using the official Esri support. This means they have in-depth knowledge and can provide you with accurate, detailed, and comprehensive solutions tailored to your specific needs. 

You can access Esri's official support at Esri Support Services

Best regards, Thomas F

0 Kudos