The resolution of the 3D reconstruction

08-22-2022 04:11 AM
NourSoltani
New Contributor

Hello!

I've been interested about CityEngine since a while; and I am looking to do 3D reconstruction about parcels in Tunisia. But I have faced some problems;

-First the resolution and accuracy is very bad; the most of buildings and houses are not detected, but when I tried to do so on USA and some places in Europe, the precision is high. So, is there any method to ameliorate it?

-Second, I am looking also to export the result of CityEngine to Omniverse using the connector, but when I was generating, it popped up this message: "The batch export completed but at least one error occured. See export logfile for detailed error information." So, How can I solve this problem?

*Software: CityEngine 2021.1 / Omniverse connector 1.0.0 

*Hardware: Nvidia Quadro rtx 6000

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @NourSoltani,

What exatly do you mean by "resolution"? The areal imagery / terrain or what you get from OSM?

In general:

• Areal imagery / terrain data can vary in quality depending on the location
  • OSM data is an effort made by many contributors around the world, so if at your location there is not much information available the chance is high noone actually added the information to OSM
  • If you have data available you can easily add those manually, see Tutorial 3-5

About your second question without knowing the exact message from the log its only guessing. Can you copy or attach the log entry here? (Window -> Log and then right click on an entry)

Best,

Jonas

0 Kudos