Street rules .rpk for Arcgis PRO

06-11-2018 03:02 AM
MinervaCenteno_Peña
New Contributor II

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to find some rules from CityEngine to give texture to a 3D model in ArcGIS Pro.

Does anyone have highway and paths rules?

Thank you to much!

Minerva

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

There are some simple street rules in ESRI.lib (comes with CityEngine, see Navigator).  There is the Example Complete Streets downloadable through CityEngine (Help -> Download Tutorials and Examples).  David Wasserman‌ also has a complete street rule which has many advanced features.

DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Minerva, 

It is worth mentioning that the street rules available (mine included) do not work in ArcGIS Pro, even if you export them as RPKs. I am not sure what Esri's plans to do with procedural streets in Pro, but I have been told a few times it might be a few years out. 

David

David Wasserman, AICP
MinervaCenteno_Peña
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your answer. I haven't heard about it before.
Okay, so it seems that there is no way to create streets in Arcgis Pro with rules.
Is there a way to create them in another interface and then import them to Arcgis Pro? (with the aim to create a scene layer package to upload to Arcgis online)

Minerva

0 Kudos
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Minerva, 

In case you are interested, the updated Complete Streets Rule has more information about it here: Complete Street Rule Update 

The answer I think is yes, you can create streets in CityEngine and export them as a scene layer package directly from CityEngine. You should either also create your buildings in CityEngine, or at least import their footprints/parcels so that you can have a good placement of streets relative to other assets/buildings. 

Others might have better advice. 

David

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos