Is Cityengine part of ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop educational student license?

10-16-2017 05:27 PM
StanleyLebrun1
New Contributor

I am a graduate student who is doing a 3D reconstruction project of an ancient city in Jordan using ESRI Cityengine as my Thesis project. I am planning to purchase a student license of ESRI's ArcGIS desktop from ESRI's Education promo site (http://www.esri.com/landing-pages/education-promo). The site seem to indicate that ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap) Software for Students does not include a license for Cityengine. I am correct to assume that? If I am correct, does ESRI have a student license for Cityengine or is there another way for a student to install the program on his or her personal computer?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With a Student license, you get

• ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap)
  • The most popular ArcGIS Desktop extensions
  • ArcGIS Desktop software updates
  • ArcGIS Online Named User Account
  • 100 service credits for data storage, premium data access, and geocoding and analysis
  • A suite of ready-to-use apps, including Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 123, ArcGIS Maps for Office, ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud, and more
  • A Living Atlas of the World with maps and data, including access to foundation content from Esri, on thousands of topics
  • Installation support
  • Unlimited access to self-paced e-learning on the Esri Training website.

You could check with your institution if they are eligible for Esri Educational Site License Program. Esri CityEngine Advanced is also available in that program.  

You could also contact your local Esri Distributor or academicsales@esri.com 

Think Location
0 Kudos