How can I project images to coordinate with the OSM data that I downloaded?

08-07-2019 01:58 AM
大头熊
New Contributor

Here is the thing:

I've downloaded the OSM data and import it into my city engine scene then reprojected the image in Arcmap as WGS1984 UTM Zone 48N(the same as OSM data),but I still cannot get them coordinate,like the image I upload displaying.

So who can help me? Or tell me the right process that I can download the right projected satellite imagery OSM data can coordinate?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho
Occasional Contributor III

Look like the image is not georeferenced. Did you use the Georeferencing Toolbar? Georeferencing toolbar tools—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop  or only apply reprojection? 

大头熊
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, and,  I've tried to use the Georeferencing Tool at the Arcmap to match the image with the OSMdata(that I converted to .shp), but 

0 Kudos
大头熊
New Contributor

But I don't think it works correctly...So the image I uploaded is the one that I just apply reprojection.

Thanks again~

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

When you reprojected the image, what tool did you use? The Define Projection Tool or the Project Raster tool? 

I would expect OSM data to be in either 4326 / WGS84 or 3857 / Web Mercator (also known as WGS 1984 Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere in ArcGIS), not in 32648 / WGS84 UTM 48N.

Melita

0 Kudos