GDB Export Error in CityEngine

08-23-2018 03:57 PM
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

Hello GeoNet,

I'm trying to export a batch of 3D models from CityEngine into a GDB to retain the data embedded in the models. The original models were multipatches delivered to me in GDB format by a consultant. I needed to create non-yet-existing buildings to include in the model. I began by making these in SketchUp and exporting as a KMZ. I imported them into CE and converted from models to shapes, cleaned up the shapes, added the attributes needed, merged them into the multipatch layer and tried to export the combination of models as a GDB and received the error attached. Any ideas on what's going wrong? Really need to be able to add data to models not made in CE. Have attached a screenshot of the message for reference.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried exporting to gdb without attributes?

0 Kudos
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

No because I need the attributes in there. Are you saying to try and export the KMZs that were converted to shapes as a GDB without attributes and then try adding the attributes to the GDB?

0 Kudos
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Export can sometimes fail because of attributes, so you can test if they might be the issue. I had a couple of instances where that happened when importing OSM and exporting to GDB, but I couldn't pinpoint the problematic attribute.

If that works I'd recommend using Python to create a simple join attribute (derived from an existing one so you can recreate it in the join table), nuke the rest, export and then join the data in ArcMap.

0 Kudos