From scatter to points in .gdb for visibility analysis?

Jump to solution
08-25-2014 07:04 AM
KennethLindhardt
Occasional Contributor

HI,

I’m struggling a little here. I’m trying to create a building with a visibility factor, and I’m reading thru the 3D city analysis document, with gave me the idea of randomly creating points, to create the visibility analysis inside ArcScene.

In the 3D city analysis doc, it describes that when exporting the model, I need to make sure that I have a feature mapping field where I could choose “One Feature Per Leaf Shape.” I don’t seem to have that function in 2014, am I right?

My idea was to create points with the scatter operation, so I didn’t need to set a visibility point inside arcscene, so I would need it to export to points as well, but as this moment I can only export it as a Multipatch, which I’m not able to use with my geoprocessing tools.

Am I on the right track, or is there an easier way to create those points, to create a visibility analysis?25-08-2014 16-03-31.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

The ability to export leave nodes was disabled in CityEngine 2014 for technical reasons. It is however enabled again in CityEngine 2014.1 due out next month. Hopefully this work for you.

Regards Gert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

The ability to export leave nodes was disabled in CityEngine 2014 for technical reasons. It is however enabled again in CityEngine 2014.1 due out next month. Hopefully this work for you.

Regards Gert

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your quick respons. Fair enough, I will just have to wait then 😉 But the workflow I’m doing, would work right?

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kenneth.

Basically yes, but Gert's original workflow used a more regular point distribution pattern.

You are using the scatter() operation, he used split() to create even 'tiles' first, whose center points are taken for the calculations.

Ok ?

Matt

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt
Occasional Contributor

Thank's for the update Matt

0 Kudos