Creating Gable Roofs in City Engine 2014.1?

12-18-2014 06:35 PM
jeffreymorris1
New Contributor II

How can a create gable roofs in City Engine 2014.1 so that they are created along the Z axis instead of X axis?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can force shapes to be rectangular by inserting the built in cube into your scope, and then using either the top or bottom face to replace the starting geometry that you are not getting the right roofs from.

0 Kudos
BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

Indeed, InnerRect is a blunt tool.  Threre's a process called CleanupShapes under the Shapes menu - not really familiar with what it does but otherwise I'd look at processing your footprints in ArcMap or some other programme in order to optimise your footprints.

0 Kudos
jeffreymorris1
New Contributor II

How do I import OSM files into ArcMap? How do I install Data Interoperability extension into trial version of ArcMap? The ArcGIS Administrator program said that extension is authorized but not installed. How do I insert the built-in cube into my scope in CityEngine?

BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

I'd recommend finding an area of GeoNet that is more taylored to these questions - I stick them in 'New to GIS' when I have this type of question.

Completely agree that much of Esri's documentation, error/help messages are seemingly willfully difficult.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hahaha, they might be difficult, but I assure you it is not willfull. The people here are quite nice.

0 Kudos