CityEngine#FacadeWizard

Jump to solution
07-20-2015 06:18 PM
AidaAfrooz
New Contributor III

Hello,

I want to use Facade Wizard to create a facade in CityEngine. But instead of the .jpg I can only see a black rectangular in the Facade Wizard Window. I can still do the changes (i.e. split,..) and can see the changes in the related .cga.

I reopened the CE but again I cannot open the .jpg properly.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

p.s. I attached the screen shot.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aida,

I'm answering on behalf of Eric and Cheryl.

Unfortunately the facade wizard of version 2015.0 is affected by a bug, that does not show the texture.

Please upgrade to the latest version (2015.2) to use the facade wizard.

Sorry for your extra effort.

Thomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aida,

What resolution is the JPEG image? Can you try downscaling it to 4096, or a little less, and then see if it loads?

Eric Wittner

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of CityEngine are you using?  There might have been problems with previous versions of CE.

What is the exact filename of your file?  We found a bug where the facade wizard had problems opening files with extensions in capital letters (e.g. .JPG).  In this case, if you rename the file to a lower case extension (e.g. .jpg), then it should work.

0 Kudos
AidaAfrooz
New Contributor III

Hello Eric and Cheryl,

I'm using CE 2015.0. The image size was 252kb with 96 pixels resolutions. I downscale it to 70kb and the resolution of 50 pixels. The file name is: "Ziliniside1.jpg". But it's still not working. Even when I choose other images or other faces of the building the image doesn't load in the facade wizard(beta).

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aida,

I'm answering on behalf of Eric and Cheryl.

Unfortunately the facade wizard of version 2015.0 is affected by a bug, that does not show the texture.

Please upgrade to the latest version (2015.2) to use the facade wizard.

Sorry for your extra effort.

Thomas

0 Kudos