City Engine 2015 to 2015.2

03-17-2016 11:30 AM
EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I have changed computers and moved to 2015 to 2015.2. The application is only working in safe mode, and how do I transfer my old files to the newer version?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Emmanuel John,

Thank you for your question.
You can continue to use your CityEngine 2015 workspace. It gets automatically updated on first startup. The same applies to the ESRI.lib content. The scenefiles (CEJ) get converted at load. Saving the scene then creates CEJs in the new version.

Can you please give more details on what is not working in CityEngine?

0 Kudos
EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

I actually was able to load all the cej.'s except one. By importing the entire workspace everything did load automatically, so in that case you are right. I get a purge memory error for that specific scene and I waited about 3 days for it to load. That scene did have a lot of data like an individual obj. of a leaf to recreate the effect of the pine barrens of NJ. At this point i'm not worried about it, but I was wondering how can I export data from my current working cej. like on a database or something to avoid this issue for future.

0 Kudos
EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

I would also like to add. that OpenGL driver was also helpful

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for your feedback. 3 days is really a long time

Can you please give more information on how the trees in your scene are composed.

As I understand you added extra leafs to a pine tree model. This means you inserted the same OBJ many times, right?

I would like to recreate the behavior.

You can export your data to a variety of different 3D formats: General Export Reference

There is not option to extract the database from a cej. If you want to remove a project from your CityEngine workspace, please refer the CityEngine help on Exporting a Project .

EmmanuelJohn1
New Contributor

The trees that I used were default Lumen Rt. catalog available within city engine. I converted one of those objects into shapes then exported the leaf. Then brought it in and changed the color. Yes, I copied the same obj. many times, this image should give you an idea. In this cej I have few schools replicated and some building already in the inner city area. nothing has any rules generated towards it, therefore no fascade wizard usage. In this project I'm replicating 69 sq miles of the municipality that I work for. The leaves were scattered around 200 acres of land. I hope this helps in recreation of this behavior. Another thing I also have obj that were developed in other softwares also present within the scene. thanks for the references for the project exportation.

0 Kudos