Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI demographic and labor statistics data available for previous years?

08-04-2017 07:53 AM
DanielKonzek
Regular Contributor

For data such as consumer spending, employment by industry, employment by occupation, marital status, & education is there a way to include data for previous years in my reports?  Currently I am only able to add data for 2017 for these categories.  I am able to see census data for 2000 and 2010 - Can I include ESRI demographic and Labor statistics for previous years?  In some cases, this data is projected out 5 years, but I have a need to look back 5 or 10 years also.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PraveenSrivastava
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan,

I am assuming you are using the BA Web App (formerly known as BAO) and creating custom report. With the online data release, we update the data services to the latest year (i.e. 2017 this year) and don't have the previous year data services available. 

Could you provide some details on your use case if that's okay? Are you trying to access previous years to understand a trend in data or how demographics have changed over years? This will help us understand your requirements for future. 

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your response!  Yes, we are trying to gauge trends over time.  Looking at how the neighborhoods surrounding our Area of Operation have changed in the past ten years regarding income, spending, employment, and other areas would be very useful.

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the additional details, Dan.

In that case, I would assume having access directly to the trends data could be more useful and timesaving, correct? Do you see additional benefits of having previous year's data or would you prefer to do trend analysis on your own?

Appreciate your help with clarifying the requirements.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

0 Kudos
DanielKonzek
Regular Contributor

Being able to look at pre-packaged trend reports would be great!  Especially if I were able to dictate the beginning and ending years before running the report.  As a start, being able to look at 5 or 10 year trends would be wonderful.  Having the flexibility of being able to then dive deeper and select the reporting range would be the ideal solution for us.

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the additional clarification, Dan. This information helps a lot in determining how we could improve the product and included data to help customers. 

This request is currently under consideration however at this point we don't have a specific timeline to provide you. As we make some progress, I will be happy to provide you an update and get your feedback. 

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

0 Kudos