Custom Formula - Incorrect Calculations

06-11-2020 10:12 AM
KevinO_Brien
New Contributor II

Hello everyone and anyone,

I am working out of Business Analyst Web App attempting to build a Custom Variable containing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) formula into one of my Custom Infographic Reports.

The CAGR Formula attachment shows the calculation I wish to perform. The Pet Spending CAGR attachment shows the formula I have built in BA Web App (I have built this formula out many different ways and am burning credits trying to find a formula that will work). My suspicion is that the the exponent is not functioning correctly as it displays as " ** " instead of " ^ " when you hover over the infographics output. 

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Kevin

1 Reply
DonnaBuhr1
New Contributor

Hello Kevin, 

My sincere apologies for the delayed response concerning the CAGR custom variable.  Unfortunately, we previouly missed this post and it just surfaced again. 

If you will notice in this CAGR calculation provided by Esri, there is a multiplier of 100

DonnaBuhr1_0-1663609362768.png

It seems that your custom variable is missing this multiplier. The correct calculation to create the pet spending CAGR is as follows with the additional expressions noted in the red boxes.

DonnaBuhr1_1-1663609443175.png

Also be sure to save the custom variable with two decimals.

Best regards,

Donna

0 Kudos