Select to view content in your preferred language

Business Analyst Infographic not working in Experience Builder

Jump to solution
02-23-2024 09:46 AM
Tali23
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I made a custom infographic based on a web map (with congressional district boundaries), and in community analyst, I am able to click on locations in the web map and generate the infographic for that congressional district. 

I added that infographic into experience builder along with the same map, but when I click on locations on the map there or use the congressional district search function, the infographic renders null values. I have the proper map selected and customized the widget.

I think it may be something with the infographic not recalling the data from the map, but I'm not sure how to connect the infographic generation to the web map data in experience builder. I would appreciate any tips! Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Tali23,

You must be missing something in the workflow as I tested this using a sample web map from the Living Atlas and confirmed that the infographic loads fine as you can see:

FasilTiru_0-1708718319790.png

I used this web map: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=521fa0defa054c389097e685328d4bc3 to create the infographic in Community Analyst using the Map Layers category to get the variables from the layer: 

FasilTiru_1-1708718524833.png

The other key step in Experience Builder is to make sure you use the same exact web map in the Map widget and also make sure the action message is configured as follows for Business Analyst widget:

FasilTiru_2-1708718619207.png

I hope this helps!

Fasil

BA Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Tali23,

You must be missing something in the workflow as I tested this using a sample web map from the Living Atlas and confirmed that the infographic loads fine as you can see:

FasilTiru_0-1708718319790.png

I used this web map: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=521fa0defa054c389097e685328d4bc3 to create the infographic in Community Analyst using the Map Layers category to get the variables from the layer: 

FasilTiru_1-1708718524833.png

The other key step in Experience Builder is to make sure you use the same exact web map in the Map widget and also make sure the action message is configured as follows for Business Analyst widget:

FasilTiru_2-1708718619207.png

I hope this helps!

Fasil

BA Team

0 Kudos
Tali23
by
Emerging Contributor

Thank you so much!! You're right, the problem was that I did not configure the action message.