business analyst desktop default layer turn off

08-02-2018 11:31 AM
ShirleyLi
New Contributor III

After business analyst desktop is installed, every time when arcmap opens, a Business Analyst Network Barriers layer appears in Table of Contents. Is it possible to remove this by default? Thank you!

4 Replies
MaxSattarov
Esri Contributor

Hi Shirley, you should be able to do that by unchecking "Display Network Barriers Group Layer" check box in Business Analyst Preferences (Misc tab).

ShirleyLi
New Contributor III

Thank you Max! But I couldn't find the misc tab. Is this a different version? Where can I find the checkbox on this version?

ShaistaJabeen
New Contributor

Hi Shirley,

I tried calling you regarding this issue however, was unable to reach you. Could you please provide me with your email address so that I can reach you directly and assist you in resolving the same.

Regards,

Shaista

Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

I would consider this an install or configuration issue with a missing tab in Business Analyst Preferences.  One thing to remember as all ArcGIS Desktop software versions need to be identical (Desktop, Business Analyst Software, 64bit background GP, etc..).  If there is not any software version discrepancy going through a clean uninstall/reinstall would be my advice based on this behavior.

Regards,
Jason R.