Select to view content in your preferred language

Address Coder Unable to Access Groups.mdb

10-16-2018 09:05 AM
MichaelBusby1
New Contributor II

I have been unsuccessful in installing and using Address Coder.

I installed ArcGIS 10.6.1 Desktop and ArcGIS 10.6.1 Background GP using default options.

I installed Business Analyst with 2017 US Data and Business Analyst Background GP using default options.

I downloaded the 60GB ZIP files for 2017 US Data and unpacked the first ZIP in order to access the install EXE.

I used the EXE to install the 2017 US Data. This took a couple hours. Windows 10 did stall at one point, asking me to "Retry or Cancel." Upon clicking "Retry" the install appeared to continue, copying and moving files. The licensing app appeared and I directed the app to my SDLIC file. 

I launched Address Coder. A number of licensing errors appeared, which appears to be normal until Address Coder is licensed. I directed Address Coder to its license file after the app loaded.

When I launch Address Coder the app tosses the errors as indicated in the attached images:

"Address Coder was unable to access C:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US_2017\Address Coder\groups.mdb.

"Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."

Also, this:

"Unable to open coder.mdb. Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."

The install was accomplished using an administrator account. The paths indicated are correct and "groups.mdb" does exist.

Not sure what I am missing or have done wrong.

11 Replies
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

Hi Gary,

That's a great news. thanks for sharing it.

thanks

Pavan

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

In case anyone runs across this thread with the Address Coder issue as of Business Analyst 10.7 software the groups.mdb and the coder.mdb are no longer used by Address Coder.

Cheers,

Jason R.