Select all zip codes in a state in BA Online

11-03-2011 08:30 AM
BillJoubert
New Contributor II

Need a way to select all zip codes in a state (or multi-state region) in BA Online without having to click the box next to each zip.  I want to get Tapestry counts, etc. for all zip codes in a state for marketing purposes.
Been using Smart Search, but it will only do what's on the screen (which is usually only part of the state) and also contains portions of neighboring states.

6 Comments
PeteMcGill

I'd go further.  Create a function that selects all Zips (or census tracts, or counties, or block groups, or any other standard region type) within a state (county, city, metro area or any other selected geography, preferably including user-defined geographies).

PraveenSrivastava

Thank you for this idea. Could you clarify more about what kind of end result you are trying to get? Using the Smart Map Search workflow, currently it is possible to export all types of standard geography within another geography or user-defined geography along with a summary of variables of your choice.

Thanks,

Praveen

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

ScottPrindle

Hello Pete,

Just to reiterate what Praveen asked, could you share some more context around what you are trying to accomplish, or what your end goal is? Is it not possible to use the Smart Map Search workflow noted by Praveen, or does this workflow not quite fit your needs?

Thanks,

Scott

JoLoCicero

We do multi-statewide county level demographic comparisons for different age cohorts for different products.  Love the new comparison reports with customization.  The ability to select all counties in a state versus manually selecting with a limit of 20 would be awesome!

PraveenSrivastava

Hello Jo,

Related to your comment about the limit of 20 in the new comparison reports, I wanted to inform that it has been increased to 100 now. It is still 20 when you are running Classic Reports though.

Thanks,

Praveen

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

DonnaBuhr
Status changed to: Open

Hi Bill,

I have an update on your comment about the limit in Comparison Reports. The number of sites has now been increased to 1,000 in Comparison Reports and 100 in Classic Reports.

Hope this helps your use case.  

Thank you for using Business Analyst Web and for your helpful feedback.

Best regards,

Donna