unable to see web maps under "My Content" when setting the web map in appstudio for an app

Jump to solution
08-04-2015 10:49 AM
JonathanClark2
New Contributor II

I am unable to see any of the web maps I have created in arcgis.com under my trial account when trying to set the map for my app from appstudio unless I make them public.  Nothing comes up under "My Content" or "My Organization" in AppStudio.  I can see my web maps in arcgis.com under My Content and I have even shared to my organization, but still nothing shows up on the appstudio side unless I go back and make them public.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan Clark

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the help document for the configuring the map tour app (Configure Map Tour—AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop Edition (Beta) | ArcGIS ) , the following note makes it seem that maps that are shared within an organization but not publicly can be used:

If map tours must be public in order to be used in the AppStudio, this should be made more clear.

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Julia,

We have updated the documentation to clarify the requirements for the Map Tour Template. The changes should go live within the next 24 hours.

- Hannah

0 Kudos