Publish a Survey123 Form Using A Native AppStudio Application

07-08-2020 05:36 PM
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Erwin Soekianto‌, Chris LeSueur‌, and Tina Jin‌,

I am trying to create a standalone smartphone application of a Survey123 Survey smart form using the Survey123 template in ArcGIS AppStudio‌ that the user can fill in without having to sign-in to an account. I found a really great geonet post about how to bypass the sign-in process when the app loads (https://community.esri.com/thread/208399-survey123-field-app-to-load-a-predetermined-survey-on-start... ), but when I generated an apk for my boss to test it, he said the app threw an error (Unable to connect: Position source access error)(see screenshot) when trying to submit his log. It sounds like this is because he has not signed in to a particular account on the app. Is there a way to bypass this sign-in on the back end and then automatically go back to the form page? I think this will fix the error for the smart form application.

An additional question, how would you load multiple surveys in the gallery without actually having to sign-in to an account? I've seen that this has been a common question in the geonet community and is a feature I would like to implement as well. 

Thank you for all of your help on these issues.

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

Loma Linda University

James Tedrick

0 Kudos
0 Replies