My app based on Survey 123 template was rejected for hidden content

09-11-2019 06:36 PM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Erwin SoekiantoIsmael Chivite

So my app based on Survey 123 template and published with App Studio was rejected in App Store for hidden content. Please see the screenshots below (btw I successfully published it to Google Pay):

This is form Resolution Center:

I don't know what they considered the hidden content, the form of course has a lot of dynamic content, and the questions appear depending on what the user entered previously, dynamic labeling is also present.

I recorded the video on how the app is supposed to be used and explained the dynamic content nature, and that it's form-based and so on and sent it to them. But I don't think it's going to work.

I would appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thank you,

Yulia

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
YuliaMamonova

This is what they sent to me after I submitted my video:

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

I removed all kinds of dynamic content and labeling from the form (it looks creepy now) at least for the review process, and rebuilt the app so it has another build version ...I will resubmit it for the review and see what will happen. May be somebody else had this issue? I think I got unlucky with the reviewer.

Do they just test the app visually on the smartphone or they actually can go and dig into the code?

Thank you,

Yulia

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Can please somebody advise? According to the screenshots I published, what do you think can be considered hidden content by APP Store? All the app does is loading predetermined survey, I have settings and refresh buttons on the gallery page, than by clicking on the picture of the survey it opens survey page with folders, and then the same functionality that survey 123 has.

This is the first app I ever published, please help!

Survey123 for ArcGISAppStudio for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Erwin SoekiantoSurvey123 for ArcGISAppStudio for ArcGIS

Hello,

This is the response from app store reviewer about my app:

Can you please advise on how to disable location running on background feature in survey 123 template?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yulia,

You can set whether the application requests background location in the settings; refer to Capabilities—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Yulia,

You can disable the Background Modes locations in the Settings > Capabilities > Background Modes > Location.  Please click on the Apply button, update the app and make a build again before you submitting the app.  

Thanks,

Tina

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Thank you guys, easy fix! And hopefully the last one...

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

https://community.esri.com/thread/240811-missing-purpose-string-in-infoplist  - After disabling location on background, my apps are not being uploaded to app store at all.

0 Kudos