MapViewer template - custom basemap gallery group

Jump to solution
05-05-2021 01:47 PM
PaulHaakma_Eagle
Esri Contributor

Hi all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the MapViewer template so that it uses a custom group of basemaps, regardless of whether the app user is signed in or not?

The gallery properties for the particular app we are configuring is just pointing to https://arcgis.com

The current behavior seems to be:

• User not signed in: pick up ArcGIS Online default basemaps, which for us seems to be a list of 16 basemaps (includes several world and also some NZ ones).
  • User signed in: picks up the basemap gallery set for the org the user is signed in to.

This might be a good enhancement for the template perhaps - a configurable property that points the app to a specific group of basemaps?

Interested to hear if anyone has already done something like this, else I might raise it as an idea for the AppStudio team.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@PaulHaakma_Eagle 

You are correct, that is the current behavior, ArcGIS Online default basemaps when not signed on and ArcGIs Organization basemaps when signed in. 

I like the idea of having the configuration to set the basemaps, please feel free to submit it as an idea or official enhancement request. 

Erwin. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@PaulHaakma_Eagle 

You are correct, that is the current behavior, ArcGIS Online default basemaps when not signed on and ArcGIs Organization basemaps when signed in. 

I like the idea of having the configuration to set the basemaps, please feel free to submit it as an idea or official enhancement request. 

Erwin. 

PaulHaakma_Eagle
Esri Contributor

Thanks Erwin, I'll submit it as an idea.

My client is keen have this capability, so I'm going to have a go next week at building that in.

-Paul

0 Kudos