Select to view content in your preferred language

MapViewer template - custom basemap gallery group

Jump to solution
05-05-2021 01:47 PM
PaulHaakma
Esri Contributor

Hi all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the MapViewer template so that it uses a custom group of basemaps, regardless of whether the app user is signed in or not?

The gallery properties for the particular app we are configuring is just pointing to https://arcgis.com

The current behavior seems to be:

• User not signed in: pick up ArcGIS Online default basemaps, which for us seems to be a list of 16 basemaps (includes several world and also some NZ ones).
  • User signed in: picks up the basemap gallery set for the org the user is signed in to.

This might be a good enhancement for the template perhaps - a configurable property that points the app to a specific group of basemaps?

Interested to hear if anyone has already done something like this, else I might raise it as an idea for the AppStudio team.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Alum

@PaulHaakma 

You are correct, that is the current behavior, ArcGIS Online default basemaps when not signed on and ArcGIs Organization basemaps when signed in. 

I like the idea of having the configuration to set the basemaps, please feel free to submit it as an idea or official enhancement request. 

Erwin. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Alum

@PaulHaakma 

You are correct, that is the current behavior, ArcGIS Online default basemaps when not signed on and ArcGIs Organization basemaps when signed in. 

I like the idea of having the configuration to set the basemaps, please feel free to submit it as an idea or official enhancement request. 

Erwin. 

PaulHaakma
Esri Contributor

Thanks Erwin, I'll submit it as an idea.

My client is keen have this capability, so I'm going to have a go next week at building that in.

-Paul

0 Kudos