I can´t open file explorer in appstudio for arcgis

Jump to solution
05-22-2018 05:23 AM
Edgar_EduardoZukermann_Cortes
New Contributor II

I have an issue with app studio for arcgis, when I try to change the image background this need open file explorer but I get an error message and app studio is closed.

I had this error in version 2, now I have version 3.0 and is the same problem

Someone knows the solution for this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Yes, running 32bit AppStudio on 64bit Windows OS is supported. We are not aware of any issues with this.

Another user had also reported this same bug to us recently. AppStudio 32bit worked but 64bit AppStudio crashed when opening file dialog.

We narrowed down the cause to be related to the below bug in Dell backup and recovery software. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3526/t/19634253

Is the Dell backup software running on your machine. If yes, as recommended in the above Dell forum post, can you try upgrading the Dell backup software on your laptop to version 1.9.2.8 or above which should fix the 64bit crash.

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not able to reproduce the issue on windows 7 x64. Could you please provide any other details which can help me to reproduce the issue? Do you have another machine to test?

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thank´s for the answer Nakul, I have windows 7 Professional and SO 64 bits.

I did a test working with the version x86 of appstudio and it work´s succesfully with the file explorer, so, if I install x64 then the problem persist.

Do you know if can I use appstudio x86 in SO 64 bits without problems??

Thank´s very much for your help

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Yes, running 32bit AppStudio on 64bit Windows OS is supported. We are not aware of any issues with this.

Another user had also reported this same bug to us recently. AppStudio 32bit worked but 64bit AppStudio crashed when opening file dialog.

We narrowed down the cause to be related to the below bug in Dell backup and recovery software. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3526/t/19634253

Is the Dell backup software running on your machine. If yes, as recommended in the above Dell forum post, can you try upgrading the Dell backup software on your laptop to version 1.9.2.8 or above which should fix the 64bit crash.

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Exactly I have Dell backup software, thankyou very much for the information.

Regards!!

0 Kudos