How to move/copy app hosting from one AGOL/Portal to another?

08-20-2017 03:38 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all.

Let's say I have built an app, hosted in my AGOL account.

But the app is for a client who have their own on-premise Portal instance, and they want to host the app within their Portal so that their clients can access it using App Player pointing to their Portal.

What is the process for copying/uploading the application into their Portal?

Their Portal doesn't have an AppStudio license, so we can't login to their Portal and 'upload' it. AGO assistant won't copy the app files. AGOL doesn't even seem to have a 'download' link to download the app.

I'm assuming the answer is somehow to manually upload the code. Has anyone been through this and can they share the process? Would you upload a zip file? What type is it?

I tried adding an item, but the closest I could see was adding a 'code sample', and that didn't work.

The same concept would apply if, say, the client wanted to host the code in their own AGOL account.

Cheers,

-Paul

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

We have published a sample app called Replicator to help user copy and paste AppStudio app from one Portal to another.  Please download AppStudio Desktop 3.0 and search for "Replicator" on the New App dialog.  We would like to know your experience with this sample app and looking forward to your feedback. 

Thanks,

Tina  

0 Kudos