Android Downloading App Images to Photo Gallery

02-27-2018 01:54 PM
KE
by
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone had issues with the Quick Report downloading all of the images from the QuickReport\images folder onto the phone? It seems to happen as soon as you download the app and it saves every image/icon to the phone's photo gallery.

This happened with 2 of my testers using Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, and S8. I'm using AppStudio Standard 1.0.63.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I've got the same issue and I've got several complaints about the icons and images in the app is messing up the user's personal photos! and those annoying icons and images will remain even after the users removed the app from their phones.

I noticed that WebView does not support loading content through the Qt Resource system. but not sure if this is related to the issue.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtwebview-webview.html#loadHtml-method

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi K E and Simo,

Thank you for reporting issues to our GeoNet community.  This issue has been logged and our development team will try to solve it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Tina   

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi K E,

Are you seeing this issue when running Quick Report on Player or a build Quick Report app?

Thanks,

Tina  

KE
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tina, Thanks for looking into this. I experienced it in Player, and hoped it would go away, but then experienced it again after releasing the app into the store. I commented out the code that lets users add a saved photo from their gallery (AddPhotoPage.qml) and have not had anymore complaints, but I'm not sure if that is what was causing it or not.

//Comment out so user cannot choose photos from saved photos
//            ColumnLayout{
//                width: 48*app.scaleFactor

//                Icon{
//                    containerSize: app.units(48)
//                    imageSource: "../images/folder-multiple-image.png"
//                    color: app.allowPhotoToSkip?"#6e6e6e":(app.appModel.count > 0 ? "#6e6e6e": app.buttonColor)
//                    anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
//                    onIconClicked: {
//                        if(Qt.platform.os!="android"){
//                            pictureChooser.open()
//                        }else{
//                            androidPictureChooser.open()
//                        }
//                    }
//                }

//                Text {
//                    Layout.fillWidth: true
//                    font.pixelSize: app.subtitleFontSize
//                    font.family: app.customTextFont.name
//                    color: app.textColor
//                    text: qsTr("Album")
//                    horizontalAlignment: Text.AlignHCenter
//                    anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
//                    fontSizeMode: Text.Fit
//                }
//            }
0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Tina,

I built the app and released it to both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. All the complaints came from Android platform so far, no complaint from iOS platform.

I had to embed most of the images into the HTML (help document) using Base64 code to avoid them from being downloaded to users' phones.

Cheers,

Simo

0 Kudos