Android build fails

2455
2
Jump to solution
08-27-2015 08:08 AM
Fulton_CountyGIS
New Contributor

Whenever I try to use the AppStudio cloud service to build an Android app, the build fails.  I've tried with both the Quick Report template and the Map Viewer template.  I am able to successfully build a Windows app in beta 3, and I was able to successfully build an Android app in beta 2.  I am using the new, updated templates.  There are no details given when the build fails; its just says, "Android Failed".

Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?

Emily

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier
Regular Contributor

Hello Emily,

I have been able to take a look at your build log and it appears that the build itself was successful, but the app was unable to be signed.

I would recommend requesting a debug build (uncheck Sign Package), to confirm that it is the certificate details that are causing the build failure.

ubnsignpackage.PNG

If this build succeeds - please delete and re-enter your Android Certificate information.

See Sign your app—AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop Edition (Beta) | ArcGIS for more information.

Let me know how you get on,

Hannah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HannahFerrier
Regular Contributor

Hello Emily,

I have been able to take a look at your build log and it appears that the build itself was successful, but the app was unable to be signed.

I would recommend requesting a debug build (uncheck Sign Package), to confirm that it is the certificate details that are causing the build failure.

ubnsignpackage.PNG

If this build succeeds - please delete and re-enter your Android Certificate information.

See Sign your app—AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop Edition (Beta) | ArcGIS for more information.

Let me know how you get on,

Hannah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Fulton_CountyGIS
New Contributor

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your reply.  I did as you suggested, and the debug build was successful.  I made another keystore to test with, and that build was also successful.  I tried with my original keystore again, and that failed, so it appears to be a problem with that particular keystore.  Fortunately, I had only built one test application with it, so I can just start over with a new keystore, and it's not a big loss.

Thanks again for your help.

Emily

0 Kudos