Screenshot sample guide broken in Firefox (CORS?)

Jump to solution
01-11-2021 07:35 AM
JoshWilson
New Contributor

The sample guide here breaks due to (possibly CORS-related) failure to load data in Firefox.

Browser: Firefox 84.0.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshWilson
New Contributor

Interesting, so I am on Windows, and I just checked again, and it's still failing to load. Just to test out your theory that it's just slow to load, I left the window open for several minutes, and it never loaded successfully.

Out of curiosity, I grabbed the latest Firefox Developer Edition (85.0b9) and...it works!

Further narrowing things in, I disabled add-ons in my main Firefox instance and restarted, and it did start working, and didn't stop working after I re-enabled them. No idea what's going on, but if it's isolated to just me, I think you can close this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Hi Josh, thanks for the feedback!

The sample seems to work for me on a mac in Firefox so I am wondering: are you using windows? and can you tell me what happens exactly? Those cors errors seem to be related to adobe analytics, not to the sample. A colleague tried it out on a windows machine and the scene layer loads extremely slow. Is this what you're experiencing?

0 Kudos
JoshWilson
New Contributor

Interesting, so I am on Windows, and I just checked again, and it's still failing to load. Just to test out your theory that it's just slow to load, I left the window open for several minutes, and it never loaded successfully.

Out of curiosity, I grabbed the latest Firefox Developer Edition (85.0b9) and...it works!

Further narrowing things in, I disabled add-ons in my main Firefox instance and restarted, and it did start working, and didn't stop working after I re-enabled them. No idea what's going on, but if it's isolated to just me, I think you can close this issue.

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Thanks for investigating this! Let's leave it at this for now, but come back to us in case you can repro without add-ons. I usually try it out in an incognito window.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

I also tested with Firefox on Mac and PC, and that sample seemed to run fine:

mac OS Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit)

Windows Firefox 83.0 (64-bit)

Windows Firefox 84.0.2 (64-bit)

0 Kudos