Problems with API JavaScript 3.5 fro ArcGIS, using PAN and ZOOM functionalities from touch screens from google Chrome.

Jump to solution
08-14-2018 12:17 PM
DeyaniraMartinez_Lucero
New Contributor II

Hi! I am using the API javascript 3.5 with Chrome from touch screens, but the zooming and panning features are not working; I even tried the ESRI examples of the API 3.5, from chrome, using touch screens, it does not allow to zooming or move.

With Intrnet Explorer there isn't problems, only with Chrome.

Can someone help me please...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Report it to esri tech support and they will patch the API or deal with Google directly.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Why are you using 3.5 that is 20 releases old?..

DeyaniraMartinez_Lucero
New Contributor II

Sorry Robert, is API Javascript 3.25, not 3.5. 

0 Kudos
DeyaniraMartinez_Lucero
New Contributor II

But we already identified that the problem is the Google Chrome update, because in previous versions of Chrome did not present this problem.
Then I do not know what to do, should I write to Chrome support?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Report it to esri tech support and they will patch the API or deal with Google directly.

DeyaniraMartinez_Lucero
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert .... Greetings.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If possible can you add some additional info. Is this Chrome on Android/iOS/Windows/MacOS. Also the version of Chrome and the OS version will help.

Thanks!

ShanaLowe
New Contributor II

I am also experiencing this.  We use Windows tablets.  We tested on iOS and Android and this issue seems isolated to Windows tablets, at least for us.  At first it was just on Chrome, but we ran another build to see if it would fix it and it also broke Edge.  We have submitted a ticket with Esri.  Deyanira Martinez Lucero - are you using Windows tablets?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you post the Edge and Chrome versions you are seeing the issue with, the version of Windows and the API version.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ShanaLowe
New Contributor II

Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build)(64-bit).

Windows 10 (1703).

Issue has been tested on JavaScript 3.25, 3.21 and 3.20.  When I tried on JavaScript 4.8 (ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox) - we did not experience issue.