Select to view content in your preferred language

MapView rotationEnabled constraint in 4.7

04-25-2018 06:38 AM
bmanghi
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to verify that the rotationEnabled constraint when set to false for a 2D MapView in 4.7 is not being applied on mobile devices.  The issue appeared to be fixed in prior to this release and corrected a pinch to zoom problem, but I noticed this morning that the constraint is set to false and the map still rotates on mobile.

7 Replies
Arpa_PiemonteGeoportal_Team
Frequent Contributor

Same problem...

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing the issue in 4.8 as well?

0 Kudos
bmanghi
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I'm still seeing the issue using 4.8.

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the quick reply. We had a bug come in that was very similar to this. I'm not sure if it is the same thing though. It appeared to be addressed at 4.8, hence we initially asking that. Are you doing something similar to this in your code?

CodePen - A Pen by Heather Gonzago 

Can you see if this rotates for you. If so, what device are you using and what browser?

0 Kudos
bmanghi
Occasional Contributor

Hi Heather,

Yes, your map rotates on an iPad Pro (Safari, iOS 11.4) but not on an iPhone (Safari, iOS 11.4.1).

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Thanks for checking Beth. I just rechecked on a couple of devices and do see the same behavior. It is related to an existing bug, BUG-000113862. Thanks for catching that and letting us know.

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Just wanted to let you know that this bug has been fixed for our next 4.9 release.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Heather

0 Kudos