Labels with fully qualified field names

09-03-2013 04:22 AM
ScottDavis3
New Contributor II
Created a map service that contains a feature class that has a joined table. This feature class labels fine in the MXD but does not label when posted as a map service. Under further investigation, the label field name gets changed to a local name not a fully qualified name. For example, FULL_ADD is in the map service while sde.sde.FULL_ADD in in the map document. Does anybody have a fix or work around? I would prefer not to add the same layer to the MXD just to label.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JasonZou
Occasional Contributor III
One possibility I can think of is that your SDE geodatabase hasn't been registered with ArcGIS Server. So ArcGIS Server just copies the data to a file geodatabase on the server, which makes the field name like that. If so, register your SDE geodatabase, and republish the map service.
0 Kudos
ScottDavis3
New Contributor II
SDE has been registered inside of ArcGIS Server using Manager. All fully qualified field names appear when viewing the service under REST.
0 Kudos
ScottDavis3
New Contributor II
Still have not found an answer to this issue. What I have observed is that when you publish a MXD using Share As inside of ArcMap, the MXD is copied before the SD is created. Opening this copy, I have noticed that the label field name gets truncated from a fully qualified name to the short name. I have only tested under Server 10.1. Has any one else noticed this issue?
0 Kudos