Newbie to FlexAPIs how to create toolbar container in Flash builder 4.6

03-20-2013 08:22 AM
NancyGnanicys
New Contributor II
I have attached a screen shot of what something I'd like to be able to create.  The closest thing I have come to find with being very new to Flash builder is an accordion or panel but neither do what this one does.  I found it at the Maricopa County GIS site, it minimizes the toolbar as well, which is what I'd like for it to do.

What is this function called in Flash builder 4.6?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22791[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JustinWilson
New Contributor II
It looks to me like they just created a custom MXML component with a few states set.  If you're using the FlexViewer provided by ArcGIS, there are tools to create somewhat similar menu items.  Are you using the FlexViewer or are you looking to build from scratch?

EDIT - I see Maricopa County is using Silverlight and not using the Flexviewer API.  If I were going to create functionality similar to what I see there, I would start with a MXML Component or class and create the object manually.
0 Kudos
NancyGnanicys
New Contributor II
Yes I am actually using Flash Builder 4.6 not the Arcgis Viewer for Flex.  I have button objects created like in the picture but when I wrap the accordion around it I do not get the affect I am going for.  I have been reading about a View stack or a navigation component that needs to be put in but since this is new I'm not sure why it doesn't work.
0 Kudos