Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoprocessing outputs not returned - "Unable to get value of param" error

06-07-2012 11:10 AM
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
I am calling a geoprocessing REST service and the results are not coming back.  This exact same code works on an XP/Server 2003 machine but it doesn't work on a Server 2008 R2 machine.  I'm using the same version of ArcServer.  The tool returns 4 parameters and all 4 of them failed with the error "Unable to get value of param" with a fault code of 500.  Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?  The geoprocessing tool works - the results are all there in the appropriate subfolder of the arcgisjobs directory.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
Anybody out there?  I still have this problem.....The error goes on to say "The job may not exist or it could still be executing or could have failed."
0 Kudos
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
I have discovered something interesting about this problem.  The GP tools under ArcServer work on a Win Server2008R2 machine but not a Win Server2008R2 sp1 machine.  What does service pack 1 do that causes this problem?  Anybody?
0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor
I have discovered something interesting about this problem.  The GP tools under ArcServer work on a Win Server2008R2 machine but not a Win Server2008R2 sp1 machine.  What does service pack 1 do that causes this problem?  Anybody?

OK, just to confirm. Is the problem occurring directly in the API or outside using REST? It sounds like it's specific to the REST service and how the OS is handling the job(s)? Is this the case? I'm wondering if there may be some permissions issues that apply to this specific issue?
0 Kudos