how to keep the texture of the 3d model after i publish the service in server

10-22-2014 02:43 AM
gexueligou
New Contributor

hi guys,

I have a 3d building model with texture exported from arcgis engine, and it seems right with the texture in arcglobe before i publish it as a service.

the weird thing is that after i publish it as a service via arcgis for server, the texture is still there if i open the service in explorer, but the texture is lost in arcglobe.

so the question is that what should i do to keep the texture of the published 3d model after i publish the 3d model as service in server and then drag it back to arcglobe?

hoping my question make sense to you guys and an answer soon.             

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Since the Service displays correctly in ArcGIS Explorer Desktop, the service is probably OK.

I don't know the exact cause for this in globe, but I have two ideas about it.

One, there is a layer property in ArcGlobe for "Disable material textures"  you could check this property.

disablematerialtextures.png

The second thing to look at, would be the cache path.

If it is a really long path ArcGlobe may not be writing or reading it correctly.

cachepathe2.png

You could try making the cache location a shorter path.

globecachlocation.png

It could be something else that causes the problem, these just came to mind as possibilities.

Mark

gexueligou
New Contributor

hello Mark,

your first suggestion solved my problem, the fact that i didnt use the rest of the answer doesnt make them any less valuble, always good to know n learn, cheers, mate.

Alison

0 Kudos