How to add 3D Buidings to DEM

Jump to solution
05-07-2012 07:03 AM
IwonaLeszczynska
New Contributor
Hello!
I need some help with my project. My english isn't perfect, so I apologize in the begining for any mistakes:) I need to creat some solar shading analyses and I'm using AG 10 with all extensions. Data that I collected are: 3D buildings layer (3D layer) witch I convert to multipatch, contour of the terrain, boundary of the terrain, polygon trees layer with height. I create DEM from contour, it's resolution is 0,5 m. I was trying to use http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=15173 by it doesn't working on AG 10 😞 Do You have any idea how I can 'add' buildings to DEM and get DSM. I need to add, that roofs of the buildings are precise (attachment). Do You have any suggestions what I can do? I would be very gratefull!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor

Hello Jason,

I could not find the original link for you, but if you are looking for burning your buildings (Multipatch) into your existing DEM, you might be able to do this using steps below:

1. Run Multipatch to Raster ​(available I believe starting 10.2) tool to convert your building multipatch to a raster dataset (select appropriate cell size).

2. Run the Mosaic to new raster tool to create a combined  raster from above output and your existing DEM.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Prasanta.

0 Kudos