We are excited to announce the release of AppStudio for ArcGIS version 4.0. This release is packed with exciting new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to help you create cross-platform native apps easier and faster. Read this blog post to learn about all of the updates.
Fixed a translation bug with AppStudio for ArcGIS for the 'Close' button in German.
Fixed the bug due to which Android builds were fails from AppStudio for ArcGIS when a valid Java KeyStore (JKS) is supplied with Cloud Make.
Fixed that bug due to which downloading a mobile map package in an iOS was failing when the iPhone screen is locked, returning the error message "Socket is not connected."
Fixed the bug in audiorecorder.pause() method which was breaking the recording file path.
Updated the documentation to have consistency in mentioning the Android Native Development Kit (NDK) version in the "Install development tools for local Make" page.
Fixed a bug due to which sending video attachments from drafts in Quick Report from an Android device was failing.
- AppStudio 4.0 no longer supports apps for Android x86.
- AppStudio 4.0 will be the last version to support Android 4.4.
- AppStudio 4.0 will be the last version to support checkCapability(). It is recommended to use Permission.checkPermission() instead.
- AppStudio 4.0 will be the last version to support isCameraFlashModeSupported(). It is recommended to use the Qt property CameraFlash.supportedModes instead.
- AppStudio 4.0 will be the last version to support isOnline and AppFramework.network.isOnline. It is recommended to use Networking.isOnline instead.
- Apps built with AppStudio 4.0 cannot be rotated to landscape mode on specific tablet devices when landscape mode is enabled on tablet and disabled on the phone.
Please reach out to us if you encounter this issue.