We are excited to announce that AppStudio for ArcGIS version 3.0 is now available to download. This release focuses on upgrading underlying Qt framework, build infrastructure and the ArcGIS Runtime. In addition, many new features and enhancements are added to AppStudio Desktop, Player, AppFramework, and three templates.
- Underlying Qt framework has been upgraded to 5.10
- ArcGIS Runtime has been up upgraded to 100.2.1
- Sample apps available in AppStudio Desktop are now categorized
- Player now uses an app’s ArcGIS Runtime license if available
- Map Tour template supports Mobile Map Packages, allowing it to work fully offline
- New Measure tool was introduced in Map Viewer template
- You can now limit the maximum attachments number for the Quick Report template
- Support for connecting to high-accuracy GPS receivers and location accuracy parameters
- Map Tour now works fully offline with the support of Mobile Map Packages
- You can launch Map Tour at a specific page using custom URL Scheme
- You can sign into Map Viewer quicker and safer using fingerprint, or face ID for iPhone X
- A new Measure tool is now available in Map Viewer to help you measure distance or area on the map
- Map Viewer gallery now supports new options to show maps only, offline maps only, or both
- The Quick Report results page message has been improved, with reporting each attachment’s upload status to the feature service. You can also rename video attachments in the Quick Report
- A warning message will be displayed when downloading Mobile Map Packages with cellular data on all three templates
- Biometric Authentication is now supported on Android
- Encryption used in Secure Storage Plug-in is upgraded and as a result, the maximum length for a key or a value has been changed from 240 to 214
- Speed improvements have been made for secure storage on Android
- The AppFramework.Dialogs plugin is now deprecated
- Text-to-speech has been moved out of beta and supported on all platforms
GNSS Info sample
Symbology issue with applications created using the Story Map Tour template in the AppStudio for ArcGIS website is resolved.
Incorrectly formatted word "Display" in Settings is corrected
The Map Viewer template in AppStudio for ArcGIS now shows the default extent when opened on Android and iOS devices
Missing checkboxes in App Studio Make tool from AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop on Arabic Mac OSX is corrected.
Security vulnerability with iOS applications created with AppStudio for ArcGIS is resolved.
iOS apps developed with AppStudio for ArcGIS are now getting compiled using the default iOS memory management framework.
The AppStudio for ArcGIS Map Viewer crash issue with time-enabled layer is resolved.
Security vulnerability with Android applications created with AppStudio for ArcGIS is fixed.
The issue with Map Scale settings of AppStudio for ArcGIS Map Tour not being honored when set in AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop no longer exists.
An AppStudio for ArcGIS application created with the Map Viewer template shows numeric coded values rather than associated domain values.
A Map Tour template app in AppStudio for ArcGIS is able to retrieve an image that is successfully accessed when the same image is referenced in a Story Map Tour application in ArcGIS .
The OpenStreetMap basemap displays in an AppStudio Player for ArcGIS app that is created using the AppStudio for ArcGIS Map Viewer template.
Issues with Quick Report app in German are resolved.