Select to view content in your preferred language

Grid shapefile and the Tabulate Intersection CSV file are not matching

Jump to solution
05-18-2024 01:18 AM
cskari
by
New Contributor III

Hi All, I created a 1km fishnet grid that contains 806942 records. I overlaid this Grid shapefile on a 50m LandUse raster file. The raster file pixel area is 2500m2 (50m x 50m). Using the “Tabulate Intersection” tool, I was able to get the area of different land uses in a grid cell. In this dataset, all areas are multiplications of 2500m2. I exported this dataset as a CSV file which has only 806739 records. I can’t further analyse the Grid file and the CSV file in MATLAB as the record numbers are not the same. In the grid file, FIDs with very small areas (less than a pixel size or less than 2500 m2), are not identified by the Tabulate area analysis and thus do not come to the dataset. So a few records located on the border of the shapefile (and has less than 2500m2) are not in the CSV file. Can somebody advise me how to resolve this issue, please? My Grid file contains an ‘Area’ column. So I have areas of all 806942 polygons. Can I remove/delete those minute polygons from the Grid shapefile?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Easy to do.

Use a definition query to filter those out using "SHAPE_AREA" as a filter.

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1716220051000.png

You may have to experiment a bit to make sure that you're getting exactly what you want, but this should get you started.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Easy to do.

Use a definition query to filter those out using "SHAPE_AREA" as a filter.

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1716220051000.png

You may have to experiment a bit to make sure that you're getting exactly what you want, but this should get you started.