Side Scan Flight for ArcGIS LE won't connect to drone

Jump to solution
a week ago
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to get started with Side Scan flight LE, but cannot get it to connect to the drone.

I'm using an ipad mini 4, 15.8 OS and the drone is DJI Phantom 4 Pro. 

I've wifi, drone and controller on, an apple cable but it just keeps saying 'Disconnected'.

The DJI software connects to the drone no problem which makes me think it's a problem with the Side Scan Software.

I've attached the screenshots. In the Global Settings the Aircraft and Camera Settings are greyed out as it's not connected.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

@RachelS ,

Unfortunately we don't support the iPad4 Mini or iOS 15 with Site Scan LE. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello @RachelS I have seen this when the DJ software is running or other Drone controller software. Two things I would check

1) Ensure no software is running on the iPad before starting Site Scan Flight LE.

2) Make sure the Phantom 4 Firmware is up-to-date. This may also be a cause

Cheers

Gordon

RachelS

Hi @GordonSumerling 

Thanks for that. I've checked the firmware and it's up to date and I have all the apps closed before opening the app.

Can I check there is definitely no licence needed with Site Scan Flight LE?

We're just looking to get a flight then test Drone2Map.

Thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hey @RachelS,

Ok so you have tried the stuff I would normally check. Now I would try the USB cable connecting to the controller. Change this out an see if it makes a difference. Aside from this maybe David  @dozer has an idea. Perhaps can you list the current Phantom Firmware you have. This page lists the supported versions as well https://community.esri.com/t5/imagery-and-remote-sensing-blog/site-scan-flight-for-arcgis-matrix-of-... 

cheers

Gordon

RachelS

Hi @GordonSumerling 

I tried a different cable, but same thing and we're on the latest firmware version for Phantom 4 Pro of 1.05.0600.

If I try to go through the Flight Plan this is the last message, even though the drone is connected.

RachelS_0-1714395463865.png

Thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos
BertKraan1

I have a DJI Phantom 4 RTK & iPad and had a steep learning curve 😞 the last year.

What is the firmware version of the controller?

You do have a SDK controller (no screen) do you? Just to make sure.

Did you try without wifi?

What DJI software do you use?

regards,

Bert

RachelS

Hi @BertKraan1 

The remote controller version is 01.04.01.00.

We have an sdk controller, the ipad doesn't have a SIM, it's wifi only.

The DJI software is 4.3.29.

Thanks 

Rachel

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

@RachelS ,

Unfortunately we don't support the iPad4 Mini or iOS 15 with Site Scan LE. 

BertKraan1

Hi @BrentPierce ,

Where would I have been able to read that a iPad4 Mini is not supported with Site Scan (LE)? Knowing this earlier would have saved me a lot of headaches 🙂

here it says iOS 15 is supported so the issue must be related to the mini4 ??

regards,

Bert

RachelS

Hi @BrentPierce 

Thanks for this, it's great to have a concrete answer, I can now move on and look into getting an upgraded ipad.

I have to agree with Bert, it's doesn't say this anywhere I could find, it would have saved me 4 days of troubleshooting.

But appreciate the response.

Rachel

0 Kudos