Select to view content in your preferred language

files unzipped with 7-zip not showing up in add data

Tuesday
Labels (1)
LesleySneddon
New Contributor

I am working with the latest version of ArcGIS Pro. I have been using zipped contour files from MassGIS. I am able to download them and unzip them. However, they simply don't show up in the "add data" lists of files. They are in my windows explorer files, so I know I have them. I have tried unzipping them from the download folder, without any luck. I tried copying them to another folder on my computer, and that worked twice, but no longer. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what type of file are they? shapefile? cad? etc etc

file extension would be useful

if copying to a folder on your computer worked twice but no longer, can you provide the full path name and filename of an example that worked and one that didn't

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LesleySneddon
New Contributor
Hello - many thanks for your timely response. I was using shapefiles of
contour lines. I have tried moving the files to a flash drive rather than
One Drive, where they work just fine. I vaguely remember that some data
cannot be added via cloud storage, or at least One Drive or iCloud.. I can
work this way, just a little clunkier. I appreciate hearing from you.
Lesley
0 Kudos
RandyKreuziger1
Occasional Contributor

The site shows 3 different download formats, Excel 2007, CSV and shapefile.  Which are you downloading?  It works fine for me using Windows Explorer to unzip the zip files.  We need more information and some screenshots.   

One reason that data might not show is if it was added to a folder after Pro initially displaced the contents of that folder in that session.  In this case just refresh on the folder.  If the ZIP files aren't unzipping that's a totally different issue.

0 Kudos