Select to view content in your preferred language

Leveraging GIS Skills for Sustainable Forestry Management: Free Support for Project Development

Jump to solution
Saturday
Labels (3)
Thomas_Shelby007
New Contributor II

I am Rafiqul Alam Imtiaj, currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science (BSc) program in Forestry at the Institute of Forestry and Environmental Sciences, University of Chittagong .As I advance in my undergraduate studies, I am enthusiastic about exploring topics such as forest policy and governance, forest economics, community-based forestry, and sustainable land management.I am enthusiastic about exploring research projects that tackle the present difficulties faced by forest ecosystems, with the aim of offering sustainable solutions and contributing to the preservation and recovery of natural resources.With my strong educational background and deep passion for forestry, I am certain that I will be able to make significant contributions to the field and play a crucial role in the sustainable management and protection of our forest ecosystems.
Ultimately, as a present student in my Sixth semester of the BSc Forestry program, I possess a solid academic base, practical skills, and a genuine passion for environmental stewardship. I am eager to apply my knowledge and contribute to the field, striving to create a positive impact on our forests and the communities that depend on them.

I am giving my skills free of charge for modest GIS-related jobs. My objective is to enhance my talents and create a comprehensive portfolio while providing assistance to fellow members of the community. Here are some of the jobs I can assist with:

• Data input and management
  • Basic map development and design
  • Geospatial analysis
  • GIS data visualization
  • Simple geoprocessing jobs

If you have any minor projects or activities where you need an additional hand, please feel free to reach out to me. I am excited about learning and devoted to producing great work.

Thank you for considering my offer. I look forward to partnering with you and contributing to the GIS community.

Best regards,

Rafiqul Alam Imtiaj

rafiqul.imtiaj@gmail.com

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HajarAlqayoudhi
New Contributor III

I love this idea, Rafiqul! If you need any help with your GIS projects, I'm ready to assist. Let's collaborate and support each other in building our skills and portfolios.

Here is my email 

hajqd997@gmail.com

Thanks 🙂 

Best regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HajarAlqayoudhi
New Contributor III

I love this idea, Rafiqul! If you need any help with your GIS projects, I'm ready to assist. Let's collaborate and support each other in building our skills and portfolios.

Here is my email 

hajqd997@gmail.com

Thanks 🙂 

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Thomas_Shelby007
New Contributor II

Dear @HajarAlqayoudhi  ,

Thank you so much for reaching out and expressing your interest in collaborating on GIS projects! I truly appreciate your enthusiasm, and I'm excited about the prospect of working together to build our skills and portfolios.

Your willingness to help is greatly valued, and I'm confident that by combining our knowledge and expertise, we can achieve some fantastic results.

In terms of project ideas, I'm particularly interested in exploring  "Forest ecosystem analysis using geospatial data" or "Investigating sustainable land management practices through GIS mapping".

Perhaps we can brainstorm some specific project ideas that leverage both of our strengths and areas of interest?

I am currently working on building a comprehensive portfolio and would be happy to share my progress with you as I develop it.

Would you be available to connect over Linkedin  to discuss potential projects further?

Linkedin- Rafiqul Alam Imtiaj 

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Best regards,

Rafiqul Alam Imtiaj

0 Kudos