ArcGIS Pro Associate Certification

Jump to solution
01-10-2024 08:28 AM
Labels (1)
LydiaCarey
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone, I'm just wondering how alike the ESRI ArcGIS Pro Associate test is compared the the training plan. If I study this training plan hard will I likely be well prepared for the test? I don't plan on taking the Instructor-led classes due to the cost but I have been getting passing on each test in each training. Do you think i will be prepared? Has anyone else studied this way and found it helpful when taking the test?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdM
by
New Contributor II

Hi

As somebody who has just taken the exam (and passed) I would suggest that you should use training plan as a guide / introduction to topics. If you aren't planning on taking any instructor-led courses then I strongly recommend trawling through the ArcGIS Pro documentation. Use the "Skills Measured" and "Candidate Qualifications" sections in the Certification PDF as a guide to what you are going to be tested on. If you do the certification I can guarantee you will find tools and workflows which will be new to you which you can then use in your day to day work. Good luck! ed

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EdM
by
New Contributor II

Hi

As somebody who has just taken the exam (and passed) I would suggest that you should use training plan as a guide / introduction to topics. If you aren't planning on taking any instructor-led courses then I strongly recommend trawling through the ArcGIS Pro documentation. Use the "Skills Measured" and "Candidate Qualifications" sections in the Certification PDF as a guide to what you are going to be tested on. If you do the certification I can guarantee you will find tools and workflows which will be new to you which you can then use in your day to day work. Good luck! ed

MarcusPaoloPatam
New Contributor II

As another of those who recently took and passed after just 6 (part-time, 4 hour) weeks of review, what  also helps is downloading the Table of Contents for each Instructor-Led course and searching the topics in the ESRI Catalog to find additional resources aside from what's in the learning plan.

Treat the learning plans as introduction, and ensure that you pay attention and actually do the exercises if you can to help remember things.

Caveat: I have also been using ArcGIS Pro and earlier ArcGIS Software for the past 5 years or so.